- 2 borscht envelopes
- 1 piece carrot
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece celery
- 1 link leustean
- to taste sour cream
- 3 pieces of potatoes
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 1 piece of green bell pepper
- 1 piece of yellow bell pepper
- 3 pieces of eggs
- 5 pieces chicken legs
- 2 canned tomatoes in broth
Preparation time: less than 15 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Greek chicken soup:
Boil the thighs in water, froth, cut the vegetables separately, grate the carrot and onion as well, cut the pepper and celery into small cubes, and the potato into cubes, when the thighs or boiled are removed on a wooden bottom and cut into small strips, put the vegetables to boil in water that has boiled the thighs.
If the water is too low, add more water, let it boil and then add the vegetables except the potatoes, when the vegetables are cooked, add the meat and the canned tomatoes that have been cut, let it boil again and I also put the potatoes.
Let it boil, try the potato with a fork if it is done, at the end add the 3 beaten eggs in the soup and they will be made like rags, put the borscht in the envelope and the larch, serve with sour cream and larch on top. Good appetite.
Ingredients for Greek turkey soup:
- 700 grams of turkey (1 pulp + 1 wing)
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 small celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 400 ml sour cream
- 4 yolks
- 60 grams of basmati rice with wild
- 1 lemon
- 2 dill bindings
- 3.5 & # 8211 4 l apa
Greek style chicken soup
Greek style chicken soup is one of the most beloved soups in our country and although I tried several options, I still had not found the ideal formula. Until my eyes fell on this recipe.
A simple recipe that you can prepare with country chicken or chicken legs.
I can only recommend this soup to you, it is aromatic, delicious and loved by all.
Greek chicken soup, Greek style recipe
One of the most popular and adored by the Romans is the Greek chicken soup!
Normally it is made from whole chicken, but to simplify things, but at the same time to keep the taste, when I feel like this soup I make it from whole chicken legs or chops, because it is much more comfortable for me.
Why from the buds and not from the chest ?! Because the thighs have little fat, cartilage, and after boiling we get the soup that tastes like soup.
In the following few steps you will discover an authentic and very tasty recipe for sour Greek chicken soup with lemon.
The ingredients are available to anyone, you just have to respect the technological process and I assure you of a perfect taste!
Greek Chicken Soup Ingredients, Greek Style Recipe:
- 750 g chicken breasts
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g parsnips
- 100 g celery
- 100 g bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- A lemon
- 50 g of rice
- 1 bunch of dill
- 300 g fat cream with a minimum of 32% fat
- 150 g Greek yogurt with 10% fat
- 3 yolks
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare Greek chicken soup, Greek style recipe:
Put the chicken breasts to boil in salted water and cook for about an hour or until the meat falls off the bone.
Peel the vegetables and cut them into cubes, finely chop the onion.
Put them to harden in oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then we put it aside.
We add the soup in which the cups were boiled, we should have at least 2 liters, but if we don't have enough we can fill it with water.
Mix the cream with the yogurt and egg yolks and mix well. Let's put it aside.
When it starts to boil, add the rice,
and after 10 minutes add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
The rice should be more than half cooked, at which point we will take care of the liezon. Take from the pot that is still boiling from the soup and pour in the cream mixture, to bring it as close as possible to the temperature in the pot.
Pour the liqueur into the pot, turn off the heat and stir for another 3-4 minutes and add the dill.
- cut ½ parsley root, ½ parsnip root, ½ small celery and 1 carrot in cubes.
- Chops 2 sprigs of green onion, ½ dill connection and ½ parsley connection. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon. Keep ingredients in separate bowls.
- Saute the roots in a pan covered with 1 tablespoon oil hot for 5 minutes.
- Put a teaspoon of salt and 500 g chicken back with LaProvincia skin in a 3-5L pot and cover with cold water. Collect the foam that forms when the mixture starts to boil.
- Add the hardened vegetable mixture when the water becomes clear again. Fill with chopped green onions and 5 peppercorns. Add water if it decreases during the process.
- After 30 minutes of cooking over medium heat, collect the meat from the soup and leave it to cool. Then the design begins: deboning the chicken pieces, removing the skin and chopping the remaining meat.
- Wash and drain 50 g of rice.
- Go back to the meat and bring it back to the pot. Top with rice and wait 15 minutes. Put half of the mixture of greens in the pot and top with the other half before turning off the heat.
- Egg mix for 2 servings: Mix a tablespoon of cream with two raw egg yolks and add the lemon juice. Mix and salt the composition a little. Pour one tablespoon of the soup over the mix and then pour the resulting chicken into the Greek chicken soup and mix well.
- Leave the soup to cool for a few minutes and serve with the family.
Chef's tips for the Greek chicken soup recipe
- For diversity, you can sour Greek chicken soup with cabbage juice, borscht, corcoduşe or pickle juice, instead of lemon.
- The Greek chicken soup recipe presented above was designed for 4 servings and should be eaten on the day of preparation. The raw yolk makes the soup unbearable in the fridge and cannot be reheated. You can choose to add the egg mix only in the portions you eat and repeat the procedure at the next meal.
- Wash the rice in three cold waters.
- You can serve the soup together with the addition of lemon, which everyone can add from a special small plate.
- The more similar the temperature of the soup and the egg mix, the better the result will look.
- Optionally, you can add 2 bay leaves to the soup, for even more flavor & # 8211 as long as no one eats them.
Greek chicken soup good for serving
Either in winter or in summer, you can cook the Greek chicken soup recipe and serve it hot or wait for it to cool. It goes great with hot peppers.
The soup in question also respects the principles of politeness of serving liquid food & # 8211 any piece of meat or other ingredient must fit in the spoon. So, do you have all the ingredients?
Wash the chicken well and cut it into pieces. In a larger pot, boil the chicken. Foam well, until no more foam forms on the surface. We clean all the vegetables and cut them into large pieces, except for one carrot, and put them in the pot. Cover with a lid and let it boil for about an hour. When the meat is well cooked, take it out and strain the soup. Break the meat into strips or cut it into suitable cubes (I did so). I mixed half of the cooked vegetables, less the bell pepper and put the pasta over the juice.
Wash the rice and boil it with a little salt.
In a larger bowl put the yolks and sour cream and mix well. Put a few tablespoons of soup (6-7), over the yolks, mixing well after each one so that the composition does not cheese. Pour slowly into the soup pot and mix with a spoon or polish until all the liquid reaches the same temperature.
Add the meat and drained rice to the pot. Add the lemon juice (first put only half so that it does not grow too hard), and then add more if necessary. Add salt to taste. Grate the carrot left on the grater with small mesh and put it to harden. When it turned golden, we strained the beautifully colored juice over the soup. Let the soup simmer for another 10-15 minutes, to get the meat to taste. Turn off the heat and add the greens.
Serve the hot pepper soup (optional).
Try this video recipe too
Greek chicken soup
Ingredients 6 liter pot:
Chicken with bone 1 kg
Carrot 3 pcs
Parsley 2 pcs
Parsley root 1 pc
Celery 1/2 pcs
Onions 2 pcs
100 g of rice
Cream 200 g
Egg yolk 3 pcs
Juice from 2 lemons
Fresh parsley 1 bunch
Recipe video GREEK CHICKEN SOUP lower:
Clean and wash the chicken well.
Boil it with salt in 3 liters of water.
Take the foam until it forms.
Add a few cleaned whole vegetables: 1 carrot, 1/4 celery, 1 parsnip and an onion. Boil for 60 minutes with the lid on medium heat. Is ready
when the meat is easily removed from the bones.
Remove from the heat and remove the meat and vegetables from the pot. Finely chop the rest of the vegetables.
Saute the onion in a saucepan with a little oil for 2 minutes.
Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the strained juice.
Remove the meat from the bones and chop it with a fork.
Add it to the soup. Boil for 20 minutes with the lid on medium heat.
Add the rice and cook for another 20 minutes.
In a bowl, mix the cream with the egg yolks. added
a few poles of hot juice at a time so as not to cut
sour cream. Then add the mixture to the soup.
Add the lemon juice. Stop the fire and let it rest
for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Method of preparation
Cut the chicken into pieces and boil in cold water with the diced carrot and onion and celery in large pieces, the whole pepper, and boil together with a cube of vegetables, bay leaf, salt and pepper for 15 minutes, frothing the soup when it is the case. After 15 minutes, add the rice and the stalks from the 2 celery threads cut into small cubes (they give an excellent taste to any soup or meat soup) and let it boil covered and simmer for another 20 minutes. Then we take out the meat, the celery root and the pepper and we deboned the meat and we cut it into small pieces. I leave the wings whole, cut only in 2 parts. We mix the celery and put it back with the meat half of the red pepper I put it back cut into small cubes because it gives a pleasant appearance to the soup.
Separately in a bowl mix 300 ml of sour cream with 2 or 3 yolks and add over the boiled soup given at least, season to taste with salt and pepper and sour as well depending on your preferences or with borscht or pickle juice.
Normally, Greek-style chicken soup is left like this, but we can put it according to our preferences after we have stopped the fire or in a plate, directly chopped aromatic herbs, celery, larch, parsley that everyone prefers. I prefer celery put in very small quantities after I have stopped the fire.
I wish you good appetite!